Gone too young…
Just a short note for all WordPress Readers. There is much more behind the preview window. You´re invited to click on the article and listen to a new Soul & Jazz and Beyond Mix with many of contemporary, modern music and to my favorite track from Bobby Womack.
Really sad news. Yesterday, Soul Legend and poet Bobby Womack dies, at the age of 70. Starting in the 50´s his career spanning nearly 60 years. I would like to pay tribute to this unique and genius songwriter and singer with an extra Mix, recorded in 2012, where Gilles Peterson interviewed him behind the stage, for a BBC radio broadcast.
It is so enjoyable listening to Bobby Womack talking about his life, music colleagues, soul music and about his last collaboration with Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz): “The bravest man in the universe.” I saw him only once live in a concert and will keep this experience as a wonderful memory… Bobby Womack dies at 70 (via Guardian)
We starting with my favorite track by Bobby Womack, beside his wonderful version of “California Dreamin.” Then we have modern music in the mix from Bill Laurance, Bob Moses, a really nice musical corporation from a German band project and a Brazilian singer covering Ray Charles “Hit The Road Jack”, Bob Moses, Lone, Bonobo, a rare disco classic from Arthur Adams and many other more.
Let the music talk and tune in.
Listen, Relax and Enjoy!
This way please → Bobby Womack and Soul & Jazz and Beyond (29) (YouTube-Link)
1. Bobby Womack – Baby! You Oughta Think It Over
2. Madeline Bell – Comin’ Atcha
3. Takuya Matsumoto – Jump Rope Music
4. Willie Hutch – Brothers Gonna Work it Out
5. Mo Horizons – Pé Na Estrada (Hit the Road Jack)
6. Hokis Pokis – Nowhere
7. George Benson – The World Is a Ghetto
8. Bill Laurance – Never Ending City
9. Bob Moses – Far From The Tree
10. Marlena Shaw – Let’s Wade in the Water
11. Arthur Adams – You Got The Floor (12 inch Version)
12. Lone – Airglow Fires
13. Me’Shell NdegeOcello – Come Smoke My Herb
14. Bonobo – Eyesdown (Feat. Andreya Triana)
Alternative Link:→ Bobby Womack Soul & Jazz and Beyond (29) (YouTube-Link)
In Memoria: Robert Dwayne “Bobby” Womack (4 March 1944 – 27 June 2014). In 2012 Gilles Peterson interviewed Bobby Womack behind the stage. You can listen to lot of his songs and his own words and to some acoustic tracks. Really a true champion…
Alternative Link to Mixcloud: Gilles Peterson Worldwide – Bobby Womack