Welcome to a new music mix with Soul & Jazz music and with Blues music with Ray Charles, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Presley John Lee Hooker, Robert Cray, Jazz Greats like Wynton Marsalis, Herbie Hancock, Dizzy Gillespie, Sun Ra, Sonny Rollins and many others more.
First song is a killer track by Sharon Cash. She performed in the 60´s the well known Song „Nature Boy“, originally performed b Nat King Cole. I haven´t any information about Sharon Cash and only know that she released two albums. But her cover version is amazing. Robert Cray celebrated a successful comeback and is still in the mix with the wonderful track, You Move Me. Then we have Ray Charles in the mix, a fantastic duet from Sonny Rollins & Dizzy Gillespie playing a slow blues. Lou Pride was a Soul and Blues Singer and songwriter. He died in 2012. Sun Ra was the master of jazz avantgarde and maybe one of the misunderstood creative minds in jazz music. You can listen to a preview. Strut Records (England) will release a new collection: „In The Orbit Of Ra“ bringing together Sun Ra highlights from over 25 years of music.
Then we make a journey to Tupelo, Mississippi. John Lee Hooker talks about the tornado catastrophe in 1937, in Tupelo. And where was born in Tupelo? Elvis Presley, who sings from the Power Of My Love, from his Memphis-Album. Michel Sarday plays a classic jazz funk track. Herbie Hancock´s track was sampled for example by Janet Jackson and from two German Bands, Die Fantastischen View and Absolute Beginner. What shall I say about Jimi Hendrix. A timeless and great ballad. Same for Wynton Marsalis, one of favorite Jazz musicians. He can play nearly all music styles, here together with Diana Krall. A wonderful duet of the voice of Diana Krall and the trumpet by Wynton Marsalis. Oscar Brown Jr., Michael Jackson will complete the mix. Better as it gets as to finish the mix with John Lee Hooker with: I need some Money.
Listen. Relax and Enjoy!
This way please, click → You Move Me…Soul & Jazz and Beyond (39) (YouTube-Link)
1. Sharon Cash – Nature Boy
2. The Robert Cray Band – You Move Me
3. Ray Charles – I Believe To My Soul
4. Sonny Rollins & Dizzy Gillespie – Sumphin
5. Lou Pride – Ain’t No More Love In This House
6. Sun Ra & His Arkestra – Plutonian Nights
7. John Lee Hooker – Tupelo
8. Elvis Presley – Power Of My Love (From Elvis in Memphis)
9. Michel Sardaby – Welcome New Warmth
10. Herbie Hancock – Hang Up Your Hang Ups
11. The Jimi Hendrix Experience – The Wind Cries Mary
12. Oscar Brown Jr. – Hum Drum Blues
13. Wynton Marsalis & Dianne Reeves – Feeling Of Jazz
14. Michael Jackson – Ain’t No Sunshine (From his Solo Motown Debut 1972)
15. Horace Silver – Enchantment
16. John Lee Hooker- I Need Some Money
Alternative Link, click:→ You Move Me…Soul & Jazz and Beyond (39) (YouTube-Link)
Let me still say a big thank for the inspiration to Gerhard Mersmann from Form 7 who paid my attention on Lou Pride and Robert Cray. In the next week I am sharing among other things music from the legendary Prestige Jazz Records Label.